Are you considering a career in a safari park or zoo?
Our range of current vacancies are listed below for you to explore.
- 2017 Seasonal Cast Members
If you’re interested in working in a fun, vibrant and totally different environment unlike any other then becoming part of our 2017 seasonal team may be for you. We’re looking for ‘people who love people’ as we hope that each and every guest who visits Knowsley Safari experiences “The Best Day Out Ever”. This centres around positive guest engagement, being respectful and welcoming, understanding and empathetic and relies on you using your initiative to enhance their experience.
If you think that you’d be an asset to our team then ask yourself these questions:
- Display enthusiasm and initiative
- Engage with children and adults
- Energetic and hard working
If you answered yes to all these talents then you could be joining our team in the following areas:
Ride staff, Restaurant staff, Hosts & Stewards, and Reception team
If you are successful with your application, you must be willing to work on a flexible basis. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the business and time of the year. Working days will include weekdays, weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the ideal Cast Member then submit your recent CV including full contact details (name, mobile number and email address) along with a short message detailing why you believe you are suited to the role to: email@example.com
- Internships/Work Experience
For individuals who are planning a career within the zoological community, Knowsley Safari’s Internships are a fantastic opportunity to learn from our experienced staff within an outstanding Safari Park environment.
We currently offer 2 different Work Experience / Internship Programmes:
Programme Days Per Week Commitment Application Period More Information Animal Team Internship (Student Keepers) 5 (Full-Time) 1 Year 2018 – 2019 NOW OPEN Click Here Learning & Discovery Summer Internship 3 (Part-Time) 10 Weeks Closed Click Here
To be eligible to apply for our internships you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You must be able to commit to the full duration of the placement on the dates agreed.
For Animal Team Internships:
- You must be undertaking an animal related course which requires work experience or placement; or
- You intend to take a ‘sandwich year’ within your degree in order to gain experience within a zoological collection.
- Working with animals can be routine and very physically demanding, you should have a reasonable level of fitness to carry out the placement and will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
Please note that all placements are voluntary and unpaid. Accommodation is not provided. Places available are limited for each opportunity and are subject to application and assessment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Horticulturalist to join our fantastic Parks and Gardens team within the prestigious Knowsley Estate.
This is a newly created role working alongside a team of 9 people who service the parks and gardens throughout the entire Estate.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Alongside the Head of Parks and Gardens and Senior Horticulturalist, undertake all day-to-day aspects of excellent garden presentation and cyclic maintenance.
- Undertake a range of gardening duties, including pruning and planting to specified horticultural standards.
- Undertake plant propagation duties to include: seed sewing, pricking out, potting on and taking cuttings.
- Support the team by ensuring that any team members working alongside you receive adequate instruction and training for them to carry out their duties safely and competently.
- Ensure and promote the correct use and operation of machinery and equipment; undertake and support the application of a wide range of herbicides, pesticides, fungicides and fertilisers.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent in-depth plant knowledge and sound knowledge of a range of horticultural and gardening topics.
- A vision and passion for horticulture and gardens.
- Good knowledge of machinery and a diverse horticultural background.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to carry out the physical requirements of the role, including carrying heavy loads, working outdoors in all weather conditions, kneeling, digging etc.
- A minimum of 2 years professional gardening experience including flower beds.
- A relevant horticultural qualification or equivalent experience and training, ideally a Level 2 Amenity Horticulture.
- PA1/PA6 spraying certificates required.
- QCF Level 2 Chainsaw and Crosscutter preferred.
- First Aid certificates advantageous.
- Full valid driving license essential, trailer licence is an advantage.
- Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
- A competitive salary dependent on experience.
- A permanent contract with full time hours based on the needs of the business.
- 31 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- A Company that is committed to personal development and training.
- Great Company contributory pension scheme
Application Closing Date: Friday 7 July 2017
How to Apply:
If you are the ideal person for this role, please send your CV in to:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address Human Resources, Knowsley Hall, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AE