Are you considering a career in a safari park or zoo?
Our range of current vacancies are listed below for you to explore.
- Learning & Discovery Officer
Hours 1,820 hours per annum (based on an average of 35 per week) Salary Circa £18,000 (pro rata) Contract Permanent Closing Date Monday 14th August 2017
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Learning & Discovery Officer to join our growing education team.
The successful applicant will help to deliver our school education programme in our purpose-built Discovery Centre and classrooms using both formal and informal methods, as well as educating our guests about animals, their habitats, conservation issues and more to achieve Knowsley Safari’s Mission in this interesting and varied role.
We’re looking for an energetic, highly motivated and excellent communicator who has an interest in wildlife and conservation issues with the enthusiasm to share this with others.
You will be expected to work flexibly working annualised hours in line with the seasonality of the business. This will include weekends and bank holidays.
Application form together with CV should be sent to email@example.com or alternatively by post to Human Resources, Knowsley Safari, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AN.
Please click here to view the job description & person specification.
Please click here for application form.
The closing date for applications is Monday 14th August 2017.
Interviews for this role will be held on Monday 21st August 2017.
Please note that if you have been shortlisted, we will aim to communicate with you via your email address shortly after the closing date. Due to the expected number of applications for this position we will only be contacting those shortlisted for interview.
- Internships/Work Experience
For individuals who are planning a career within the zoological community, Knowsley Safari’s Internships are a fantastic opportunity to learn from our experienced staff within an outstanding Safari Park environment.
At this time we only offer the following two work experience / internship programmes and are therefore unfortunately unable to accommodate any other requests that do not meet the criteria or commitment as outlined below. Please read the following information carefully, along with the pages linked that provide more information about the internships below before emailing or applying.
Programme Days Per Week Commitment Application Period More Information Animal Team Internship (Student Keepers) 5 (Full-Time) 1 Year 2018 – 2019 NOW OPEN Click Here Learning & Discovery Summer Internship 3 (Part-Time) 10 Weeks Closed Click Here
To be eligible to apply for our internships you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You must be able to commit to the full duration of the placement on the dates agreed.
For Animal Team Internships:
- You must be undertaking an animal related course which requires work experience or placement; or
- You intend to take a ‘sandwich year’ within your degree in order to gain experience within a zoological collection.
- Working with animals can be routine and very physically demanding, you should have a reasonable level of fitness to carry out the placement and will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
Please note that all placements are voluntary and unpaid. Accommodation is not provided. Places available are limited for each opportunity and are subject to application and assessment.
- Finance Officer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Officer to join our small Accounts team for the Knowsley Estate which services Knowsley Hall, Knowsley Safari and the wider Estate.
Hours Monday to Friday, averaging 40 hours per week Salary Negotiable Contract Permanent Closing Date Monday 21 August 2017
As a Finance Officer, you will support the Financial Controller with the day-to-day management of the Estate’s finances. The successful candidate will have an easy-going yet professional disposition and be dedicated to high standards at all times. Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Payroll duties such as preparing payroll, paying BACS file, prepare P11D information.
- Invoice responsibilities such as check calculations on all purchase invoices, code and post all invoices to the finance system, raise sales invoices, pay all approved purchase invoices.
- Prepare rent demands.
- Collect and allocate standing orders.
- Reconcile bank statements on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Bank all monies preparing cheques and cash for banking.
- Assist with monthly management accounts preparations.
- Prepare and update working spreadsheets for budgets.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a finance role, have the ability to maintain confidentiality, be methodical with an excellent attention to detail and be able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively. You should be IT literate, be honest, reliable and have personal integrity along with the key requirements as highlighted in the job description and role specification.
Due to our location, your own transport would be advantageous.
How to apply
You should download our application form, complete it and send it together with your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where email is unavailable, please post your application to Human Resources, Knowsley Safari, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AN.
Please click here to view the job description.
Download our application form here.
Interviews are intended to take place on Thursday 31 August and Friday 1 September 2017.
- Head housekeeper to the Earl and Countess of Derby
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Head Housekeeper to join our household team in the private residence at Knowsley.
This is a busy and fast-moving household, doing a great deal of entertaining on both a formal and informal basis and you will be part of the team providing a warm welcome for the Earl and Countess’ guests.
Applicants should have an easy-going yet professional disposition and be dedicated to high standards at all times. Complete confidentiality and attention to detail is essential. To be a good fit for our long-standing team, you must have a good sense of humour, be approachable yet highly professional and thoroughly organised at all times.
Our housekeepers undertake general cleaning duties, including the handling of antiques and precious objects. Ideal candidates will have previous housekeeping and management experience but experience of handling precious objects is not essential as full training will be provided, however you must be comfortable handing these items and be very conscientious.
- Full housekeeping and laundry duties
- Management of small housekeeping team
- Wardrobe management
- Washing, ironing, mending of clothing
- Packing and unpacking of suitcases
- Purchasing and maintaining stock levels of housekeeping items
- Breakfast in bed and turndown as and when required
- Shared responsibility for household security
Key qualifying criteria
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role, ideally within a private residence
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Meticulous housekeeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience managing staff
- Strong spoken level of English
- Be fit and energetic
- Flexible approach to work
- Team player
- Dog friendly
- Supporting references are essential
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your up to date CV showing your current salary to: email@example.com or alternatively by post to: Kathryn Parkinson, HR Manager, Estate Office, Knowsley Hall, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AG.
Hours of work: Based on an average of 40 hours per week
Closing date: TBC
Interviews: Candidates must ideally be available between 5th-10th August for interview
- 2017 Seasonal Cast Members
If you’re interested in working in a fun, vibrant and totally different environment unlike any other then becoming part of our 2017 seasonal team may be for you. We’re looking for ‘people who love people’ as we hope that each and every guest who visits Knowsley Safari experiences “The Best Day Out Ever”. This centres around positive guest engagement, being respectful and welcoming, understanding and empathetic and relies on you using your initiative to enhance their experience.
If you think that you’d be an asset to our team then ask yourself these questions:
- Display enthusiasm and initiative
- Engage with children and adults
- Energetic and hard working
If you answered yes to all these talents then you could be joining our team in the following areas:
Ride staff, Restaurant staff, Hosts & Stewards, and Reception team
If you are successful with your application, you must be willing to work on a flexible basis. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the business and time of the year. Working days will include weekdays, weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the ideal Cast Member then submit your recent CV including full contact details (name, mobile number and email address) along with a short message detailing why you believe you are suited to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org