Are you considering a career in a safari park or zoo?
Our range of current vacancies are listed below for you to explore.
- Events Manager
Hours 40 hours per week, working 5 days in every 7 Salary £24,000 to £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience) Contract Permanent Closing Date 31st January 2017
A truly exciting opportunity has arisen for an Events Manager join our team at Knowsley Safari. You will be responsible for creating, organising, delivering and evaluating the Knowsley Safari events programme that focusses both on commercially led events as well as non-profit for fun and educational activities to make visits to Knowsley Safari amazing and unforgettable. You’ll be expected to show off your creativity and come up with original ideas for events and activities which can be hosted at the Park which will enhance the guest experience and make us stand out from the crowd.
The successful candidate will have previous experience running indoor and outdoor events for at least 2 years, with strong communication and time management skills as well as an excellent attention to detail. You will have project management experience and an understanding of Health & Safety requirements. It is essential that candidates applying have a full driving license as this role involves working across a large area where the ability to drive will be necessary. The ideal candidate will be able to work flexibly with regards to working days and hours due to the nature of the events.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Commercial awareness to ensure that events are viable.
- Budget awareness/management to keep events on budget.
- Excellent interpersonal
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to work without supervision and use initiative.
- Excellent people management skills being both a leader and team player to get the most out of the people who you work with.
- Good influence, negotiation and sales skills when working with external partners.
- Forward thinking – being able to suggest ‘the next big thing’ in events and driving new and existing marketing opportunities.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Please send a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com. No postal applications. Your covering letter will be used during our shortlisting process so use this document wisely!
Due to the expected number of applications we will only be contacting those who have been shortlisted for interview.
- Senior Horticulturalist
Hours 5 days over 7, working 40 hours per week Salary Competitive dependent on experience Contract Permanent Closing Date Monday 16 January 2017 Interview Date Monday 23 January 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Horticulturalist to join our fantastic Parks and Gardens team within the prestigious Knowsley Estate.
This is a newly created role working alongside a team of 8 people who service the parks and gardens throughout the entire Estate.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Alongside the Head of Parks and Gardens, manage all day-to-day aspects of excellent garden presentation and cyclic maintenance.
- Undertake a range of gardening duties, including pruning and planting to specified horticultural standards.
- Undertake plant propagation duties to include: seed sewing, pricking out, potting on and taking cuttings.
- Assist in the development of a long-term strategy and planting schemes for the gardens at Knowsley Park. The aim is to develop and present the gardens and grounds in a way that is sympathetic to the historic stately home to which they relate.
- Ensure the Head of Parks and Gardens is updated in the duties required within the gardens and number of staff needed to fulfil this to ensure that work standards are maintained.
- Alongside the Head of Parks and Gardens, ensure that any team members working alongside you receive adequate instruction and training for them to carry out their duties safely and competently.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent in-depth plant knowledge and sound knowledge of a range of horticultural and gardening topics
- A vision and passion for horticulture and gardens.
- Good knowledge of machinery and a diverse horticultural background.
- Good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to carry out the physical requirements of the role, including carrying heavy loads, working outdoors in all weather conditions, kneeling, digging etc.
- A minimum of 3 years professional gardening experience including flower beds.
- A relevant horticultural qualification or equivalent experience and training.
- PA1/PA6 spraying certificates required.
- Chainsaw and First Aid certificates advantageous.
- Full valid driving license essential, trailer licence is an advantage.
- Due to our location, your own transport is essential.
- A competitive salary dependent on experience.
- A permanent contract with full time hours based on the needs of the business.
- 31 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of public holidays)
- A Company that is committed to personal development and training.
- Great Company contributory pension scheme
How to Apply:
If you are the ideal person for this role, please send your CV in to:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address Human Resources, Knowsley Hall, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 4AE
Please note that due to the expected number of applications for this post we will only be contacting those who have been shortlisted for interview.
- 2017 Seasonal Cast Members
If you’re interested in working in a fun, vibrant and totally different environment unlike any other then becoming part of our 2017 seasonal team may be for you. We’re looking for ‘people who love people’ as we hope that each and every guest who visits Knowsley Safari experiences “The Best Day Out Ever”. This centres around positive guest engagement, being respectful and welcoming, understanding and empathetic and relies on you using your initiative to enhance their experience.
If you think that you’d be an asset to our team then ask yourself these questions:
- Display enthusiasm and initiative
- Engage with children and adults
- Energetic and hard working
If you answered yes to all these talents then you could be joining our team in the following areas:
Ride staff, Restaurant staff, Hosts & Stewards, and Reception team
If you are successful with your application, you must be willing to work on a flexible basis. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the business and time of the year. Working days will include weekdays, weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the ideal Cast Member then submit your recent CV including full contact details (name, mobile number and email address) along with a short message detailing why you believe you are suited to the role to: email@example.com
Please note that our next Assessment Centres will be held in January for the 2017 season.
- Internships/Work Experience
For individuals who are planning a career within the zoological community, Knowsley Safari’s Internships are a fantastic opportunity to learn from our experienced staff within an outstanding Safari Park environment.
We currently offer 2 different Work Experience / Internship Programmes:
Programme Days Per Week Commitment Application Period More Information Animal Team Internship (Student Keepers) 5 (Full-Time) 1 Year 2018 – 2019 Opens June 2017 Click Here Learning & Discovery Summer Internship 3 (Part-Time) 10 Weeks Open until 6th February 2017 Click Here
To be eligible to apply for our internships you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You must be able to commit to the full duration of the placement on the dates agreed.
For Animal Team Internships:
- You must be undertaking an animal related course which requires work experience or placement; or
- You intend to take a ‘sandwich year’ within your degree in order to gain experience within a zoological collection.
- Working with animals can be routine and very physically demanding, you should have a reasonable level of fitness to carry out the placement and will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
Animal Division Internship – Student Keepers
If you are working towards an animal based degree, our Student Keeper placement is designed to offer you an education in the practical aspects of an Animal Keeper role within an outstanding Safari Park surrounded by experienced keepers who are more than happy to pass on their skills and knowledge. We offer you first-hand experience within the Park/Zoo community with plenty of support, training and development of you as an individual. Following our placement you will develop skills in animal management & husbandry, organisation & planning, and teamwork & communication, and gain a realistic idea of the intense physical demands of the role.
Learning & Discovery Internships
The Learning & Discovery Internship positions are ideal for those looking to gain valuable experience in zoo / science education, and are also applicable for trainee teachers looking to broaden their experience and work in and out of classroom setting. Those with an interest in developing their engagement or theatrical skills, or who are looking towards animal or conservation based careers are also encouraged to apply.
Please note that all placements are voluntary and unpaid. Accommodation is not provided. Places available are limited for each opportunity and are subject to application and interview.