Are you considering a career in a safari park or zoo?
Our range of current vacancies are listed below for you to explore.
- Internships/Work Experience
For individuals who are planning a career within the zoological community, Knowsley Safari’s Internships are a fantastic opportunity to learn from our experienced staff within an outstanding Safari Park environment.
At this time we only offer the following two work experience / internship programmes and are therefore unfortunately unable to accommodate any other requests that do not meet the criteria or commitment as outlined below. Please read the following information carefully, along with the pages linked that provide more information about the internships below before emailing or applying.
Programme Days Per Week Commitment Application Period More Information Animal Team Internship (Student Keepers) 5 (Full-Time) 1 Year Closed Click Here Learning & Discovery Summer Internship 3 (Part-Time) 10 Weeks Closed Click Here
To be eligible to apply for our internships you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years old or above.
- You must be able to commit to the full duration of the placement on the dates agreed.
For Animal Team Internships:
- You must be undertaking an animal related course which requires work experience or placement; or
- You intend to take a ‘sandwich year’ within your degree in order to gain experience within a zoological collection.
- Working with animals can be routine and very physically demanding, you should have a reasonable level of fitness to carry out the placement and will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
Please note that all placements are voluntary and unpaid. Accommodation is not provided. Places available are limited for each opportunity and are subject to application and assessment.
- Seasonal Cast Members (Guest Services)
If you’re interested in working in a fun, vibrant and totally different environment unlike any other then becoming part of our2018 seasonal team may be for you. We’re looking for ‘people who love people’ as we hope that each and every guest who visits Knowsley Safari experiences “The Best Day Out Ever”. This centres around positive guest engagement, being respectful and welcoming, understanding and empathetic and relies on you using your initiative to enhance their experience.
If you think that you’d be an asset to our team then ask yourself these questions:
- Display enthusiasm and initiative
- Engage with children and adults
- Energetic and hard working
If you answered yes to all these talents then you could be joining our team in the following areas:
Ride staff, Restaurant staff, Hosts & Stewards, Entrance Kiosk and Reception team
If you are successful with your application, you must be willing to work on a flexible basis. Hours will vary depending on the needs of the business and time of the year. Working days will include weekdays, weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
How to Apply
If you think that you are the ideal Cast Member then submit your recent CV including full contact details (name, mobile number and email address) along with a short message detailing why you believe you are suited to the role to: email@example.com
Our next seasonal audition day will be held on 27th January 2018. Apply now to express your interest.