Coronavirus Guest Information
We're open | Online bookings only
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
WE'RE OPEN | ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY
We'll be releasing more tickets in phases.
We’re happy to welcome back visitors to the safari but there are some vital changes in place in order for us to open. We want your visit with us to be really enjoyable, but above all, as safe as possible. That’s why we’ve introduced a number of measures to help keep you and our team safe.
Please read below or download our helpful PDF guide to find out what we’re doing to ensure the safety of everyone on safari, and how you can do your bit too.
Before you arrive
- ALL visitors, including our Members and Gift ticket holders, need to pick a time slot and book your tickets online
- If you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, however mild, for everyone’s benefit, please stay home and only visit us when you’re feeling better
- To make the most of your visit with us, download our handy companion app from the App Store
- Check our website and social media pages before you visit for the most up-to-date information
When you arrive
- Please only arrive within your allotted time slot
- At our arrival kiosks, you’ll see we’ve installed new hygiene screens. Because of this, you’ll be asked to read out your booking reference number, so have this to hand
- Members will need to bring their valid membership cards with them on arrival
- Practice social distancing and keep 2 metres apart from other households. If you need to speak to a member of our team, please remember to keep at least two metres between you both
- Use our one way systems when indicated.
- Use our hygiene stations to sanitise your hands.
- Practice great hygiene standards at all times, including regular hand washing and frequent use of hand sanitiser and catching any coughs or sneezes in your elbow
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- We’ve limited the number of visitors at any one time. This means you’re able to have the best experience whilst social distancing
- If you take a drive through our Baboon Jungle, we’re unable to return any car parts that our cheeky baboons may take. The car friendly route is available as always.
- Use our designated rest spots. We’ve spaced out our drive in picnic areas two metres apart and provided individual bins for each picnic bench.
- There’ll be a queuing system in place for our toilet facilities and social distancing will be monitored. There’ll also be enhanced hygiene regimes for these facilities, so we ask you to be patient as queues are more likely
- Our restaurant will be open, with table service only.
- Outdoor food outlets will be open for takeaway food, including our deli, outdoor grill and ice cream parlour. Contactless and card payments only.
- Rides will be running at a reduced capacity with sanitising taking place between each ride cycle. This may lengthen queuing times so please be patient.
- We’ve introduced enhanced cleaning measures across the safari, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touchpoints
- You’ll see our team members wearing a range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including face masks, disposable gloves and eye protection –– this is for both their safety and yours
- All of our team members are taking part in COVID-19-specific training programmes to help them keep themselves and you as safe as possible
Will there be toilets available?
Yes there’ll be a queuing system in place for our toilet facilities and social distancing will be monitored. There’ll also be enhanced hygiene regimes for these facilities, so we ask you to be patient as queues are more likely
Can I get out of my car?
Yes our foot safari will be open with safety measures in place. We also have designated drive in rest spots, we’ve spaced out our picnic tables two metres apart and provided individual bins so that you can stretch your legs safely
Are you limiting the amount of visitors?
Yes, we’re reopening but we’re dedicated to keeping our visitors safe therefore we are limiting the amount of guests per day and even allocating time slots throughout the day. We’ll be closely monitoring the amount of people in the safari at any one time
Can I pay at the gate?
No, we’re sorry to protect visitors and staff we’ll only be accepting online bookings. You can purchase your tickets and book your entry time slot here.
How do members visit?
Members will need to book a free timeslot online and bring your valid Membership Card along with your booking reference.
Is the foot safari open?
Yes the foot safari is open with enhanced cleaning measure and social distancing measures in place.
What hygiene measures have you taken?
Enhanced cleaning regimes are in operation regularly across the safari. Hand sanitisers are available to all guests in key areas.
How do I book tickets?
We’re only taking online bookings to make your visit with us as contactless as possible. You can book an allowed time slot online here even on the same day as your visit! However, with reduced capacity and allocated time slots we recommend booking in advance as tickets have been selling out.
How will you maintain everyone social distancing?
We’re asking all our guests to continue to stay at least 2 metres from other families and staff but our staff will also be on hand to ensure enhanced cleaning regimes. We also have one way systems in place across the foot safari.
Thank you from everyone at Knowsley Safari