Kids Go Half Price For February Half Term 2017 – Your Adventure Starts Here!
£12.50 £6.25 this half term.
Visit Knowsley Safari this February Half Term for an exciting family adventure, fun for all ages. Experience our 5 mile safari drive to see some of the world’s most amazing species. Drive through our rhino reserve and see them up close grazing alongside herds of antelope. Did you know rhino are the second largest land mammal? They weigh up to 2 tonnes! You can also drive through lion territory and see African lions, right outside your car! Lions are the only true social cat, they live in a family group called a pride which is made up of mothers and daughters along with a dominant male. You’ll have no trouble spotting the pride male, he’s the one with the shaggy fur around his head and neck. With so much space, each drive around the safari can be different to the last, so be sure to have more than one during your visit!
Worried about your car?
Don’t be. The safari drive has a car friendly viewing route so you can bypass driving through the monkey jungle without missing out on seeing them. The baboons are a family favourite so with the car friendly option your family can still enjoy watching them without wiper worries. If you want to experience the monkey jungle but don’t want to risk your car then book a seat on our Baboon Bus. The baboon bus drives the whole safari drive and includes a trip through the monkey jungle. Tickets for the baboon bus are £5 each, not including your admission. It’s very popular so if this is something you’d like to include on your visit book early, read more about our baboon bus by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
The adventure continues on foot as you explore our foot safari. Choose a family member to become your guide, they can be in charge of the activity pack you were given when you arrived. Inside you’ll find a map of the safari drive and foot safari. Make sure you plan in a visit to the California sea lion display and bird of prey display – Flight of the Talons! These experiences are not to be missed! The sea lion is a powerful predator but they’re also hunted by great white sharks and killer whales (orca’s) so they’re agile and skilled swimmers but you’ll be amazed at their abilities on land. From the water to the land, predators of the animal kingdom capture the imagination of our guests but none more so than when they take to the skies! Flight of the Talons is a unique encounter with birds of prey. Our flight team are experienced bird handlers and know exactly how to display the stunning abilities of the world’s killer birds.
From the birds of prey you are very close to the Wild Trail. In here you get to see the European moose. These huge animals are native to Northern European forests and given their size have amazing abilities at hiding. With patience and a keen eye you’ll look like the expert wildlife guide of the family when you point them out to everyone, enjoy that admiration, soak it in wildlife tracker!
Lead the family on, don’t miss the meerkats, walk through fruit bats, NEW bush dogs and getting eye to eye with the tallest animal on Earth at the giraffe viewing platform. The younger thrill seekers in your group won’t need the map to spot our amusement rides, you can grab tickets or wristbands from our information centre.
You can get lunch from our restaurant or for hot drinks and light snacks drop by our coffee house. As well as the popular Deli counter, we also have an all new menu this year with some delicious homemade options. Our links with nature can be found throughout our food and drink too. We partner with ethical coffee producers and we’re proud to be palm oil aware throughout our restaurant removing products that use palm oil or finding alternatives that use sustainable palm oil.
There are some tips below on getting the most from your day out this February Half Term, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Planning your perfect day out at Knowsley Safari
You can use our website to plan the best itinerary for your day, visit the Plan Your Visit page. We love our guests and try to provide the best day out possible all year round. There is no denying each visit is different and the changes in season make a visit to the safari unique too. Winter time provides a beautiful landscape as a backdrop to our safari but the shorter day lengths mean we aren’t able to stay open for as long as we would like to. There are no lights on the safari drive so for safety reasons we must close the safari before dark. With this in mind we’ve put together some tips for you to get the most from your day:
- The early bird catches the worm: If you can, try to arrive early and be the first on the safari drive. Queues can form at popular times and although we do our best to manage them it can lead to frustration so if you would prefer to avoid this, your best option is to arrive early.
- Switch things up! – No one ever said you need to do the safari drive first, do things different when it is busy and head for the foot safari when you arrive. There is lots to see and do in the foot safari so explore that area first and do the safari drive later. The last entry to the safari drive is 3pm, so as long as you leave yourself enough time to enter the safari drive by then you can fit it all in.
- Be a good guest: We want you to have a great day out and we want it to be a positive experience. We have a few important rules for our safari drive that are designed to keep our guests, animals and staff safe and happy. You can find these rules on the terms and conditions leaflet (also a hanger for your mirror), the free activity pack and map you receive when you enter, the guidebook (£2.50 each), signage around the park and on our website.
- Book the Baboon Bus: There is limited availability so book your place before you arrive. Call 0151 430 9009, lines open from 8:30am. Read more here.
- Become a member! It is the first school holiday of the year, if you’ve enjoyed your visit, why not become a member and visit all year round. We have an exciting year ahead with lots to come. Join the herd and be part of our safari! Memberships can also be paid through direct debit and are priced from £3.75 per month.