Enter now to win a FREE class trip to Knowsley Safari!
All you need to do is design a poster all about our new Tiger Trail! Here’s all the details you need and our terms and conditions!
Calling all cool cats, creative carnivore lovers and tiger enthusiasts – we need your help! Adventure calls at Knowsley Safari!
Would you like to be in with the chance to win a free school class trip to Knowsley Safari?!
If so then we have a challenge for you …
This spring we are opening our new tiger enclosure! This is going to be located on the foot safari and will be home for two Amur tigers – Bira and Sinda. These two girls are 10 year old sisters and we’re very excited to move them into their new home!
The challenge that the Learning and Discovery team have set for you is to design a poster to tell everybody about the new Amur Tiger Trail at Knowsley Safari. We would like you to use your imagination, art and literacy skills to make a colourful poster containing both pictures and facts. The lucky winner will win an incredible opportunity for their class to be the first school group to experience the brand new tiger classroom! To get you started – here is a little information about Amur tigers below.
When to Enter
The closing date for entries is Friday 25th May 2018
How to Enter
Please send entries by post to Learning and Discovery, Knowsley Safari, Prescot, L34 4AN.
*When sending an entry by post, we unfortunately will not be able to return the entries to the school.
More Information on the Amur Tiger
Amur tigers are found in the forests throughout Eastern Russia and North East China. They are endangered with only a few hundred of them left, unfortunately they have suffered from both poaching and habitat loss. They are the biggest of all the different cat species, measuring up to 3m in length and weighing up to 600kg! They have lovely thick fur to survive in the cold harsh environment they call home, with their distinctive orange, black and white stripes aiding them in their camouflage. Only eating meat such as wild boar and deer – this makes them a carnivore species. To find out more information for creating your poster – please see the link below:-
The new tiger trail is set to be an experience like no other; with state of the art glass window panes – you will get to see our tigers like never before! You can use tunnels, a wobbly rope bridge, and camera traps to explore in an interactive and fun way. There is also the chance to take part in exciting challenges such as seeing if you can jump as far, or run as fast as a tiger. The Amur Tiger Trail is themed around the Amur region where these tigers originate and includes a natural water source for them to swim and a plethora of stunning trees, replicating their natural habitat.
Terms and conditions apply, please see below.
Design a poster competition terms and conditions;
By submitting an entry (including name, school and email address) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions which are available on our website www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk/education/tiger-pride-draw-terms-april18
Criteria for entry:
- Maximum 1 poster submitted per pupil
- Poster can either be A3 or A4
- Digital artwork not accepted, hand created only
- Judges will look for a wide range of materials to be used including felt tip, wax crayons, pencil crayons, paint etc. Other materials can be stuck onto the poster
- Use of glitter is discouraged as it is not environmentally friendly (unless biodegradable)
- Judges will look for the poster to contain both pictures and facts about tigers
- The pictures used should be drawn by the pupils, not photographs
- This competition is open to all teachers that are employed at UK schools. 2. The prize includes entry to Knowsley Safari between 10:00am and 3:00pm for up to 35 pupils and 10 accompanying adults, a tiger workshop at Knowsley Safari, Prescot Merseyside, L34 4AN. 3. Transport is NOT included within this prize. The winning school must provide their own transport to and from Knowsley Safari. 4. Closing date for entries is Friday 25th May 2018. 5. The winning school will be photographed and filmed during their visit for marketing and publicity purposes. By entering this competition you are acknowledging and agreeing to images being used for publicity purposes. 6. The winning entry will be selected by a panel including an independent judge on Friday 1st June 2018. 7. Prize winners will be announced week commencing Monday 4th June 2018. 8. There is no cash alternative. 9. Poster entries are for either category 1; Early Years Foundation Stage (ages 3 – 8 years) or category 2; Key Stage 2 (ages 8 – 11 years). 10. The prize must be used between Monday 18th of June 2018 and Friday 27th July 2018 (Monday to Friday only). Dates are subject to availability. 10. ‘FREE’ refers to the entry, classroom workshop and a guided tour. 11. Valid for one class only – maximum 35 children. 12. By entering the competition you are under no obligation to book a school visit. 13. Your data will be stored securely and is only used for the education emailing database, it is NOT shared with third parties. We reserve the right to end or amend this competition at any time.