New, Messy Play at Knowsley Safari
Messy play is a brand new event for kids right here on safari. It’s a fun, interactive and creative playtime for children aged 6 months – 4 years old. As we’re on safari the play is themed around the natural world helping your little one learn about nature with different textures, materials and toys.
Why go to messy play?
Messy play is fantastic for developing your little one’s cognitive and creative skills. Each of our stations aim to promote positive relationships with animals and the natural world, alongside improving hand eye coordination skills and their imaginations!
But most of all it’s all about having some messy fun!
Play will be from 10.30am – 11.30am and will include plenty of messy fun including:
- Sensory stations filled with different materials and textures
- Arts and craft areas
- New and immersive experiences
- Bright and happy team members on hand
- Toasty warm rooms
- Clean up stations to finish
£7.75 per child including one free adult!
Extra adults are welcome to at £4.00 each
Accompanying older siblings (age 5+) are also welcome at £4.00 each
Book now before all our places go!
- More dates coming soon
Messy Play Terms and Conditions
Please read the following before booking your Messy Play session at Knowsley Safari.
- Safari admission is optional. Please pay for a safari park ticket on the day should you wish to enter the safari park after Messy Play. Safari park admission is not compulsory.
- All products used throughout sessions are non-toxic and completely safe – Please do make us aware of any allergies or intolerances before your visit.
- Messy Play is self-guided by the attending responsible adult
- Towels and extra clothing are NOT provided so please make sure you bring any extras with you. Bins are provided to dispose of any rubbish at the end of play.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- All staff have full DBS checks and experience of working with children.
- Messy Play will start at 10:30am promptly or 13:30pm depending on the time/date selected and last for one hour – The preparation room will be available 10 minutes before the start of messy play. Please arrive on time to take advantage of the full play time.
- If you arrive late you can still participate in messy play – however play will only run to the advertised time of 11:30am or 14.30 depending on the time/date selected. Please be aware no extra time will be available.
- If Messy Play becomes too much for your little one that is okay. As Messy Play is self-guided you can leave at any time – please just inform a member of staff that you would like to leave
- The responsible adult must remain with their child for the whole duration of messy play and not leave to building without their child at any time.
- As some activities include items that could be edible, anything consumed by the child is at the discretion of the responsible adult.
- Knowsley Safari does not take responsibility for any clothing that is damaged or stained by participating in any of the messy play activities. Some sensory stations will utilise paint or food colouring which can temporarily stain clothing or skin. Please dress children in/wear old clothes you are willing to get dirty.
- Knowsley Safari take no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal possessions during the messy play session.
- All activities discovered during messy play are the ideas and intellectual property of Messy Play at Knowsley Safari and must not be used or copied without prior permission from Knowsley Safari. All Messy Play branding are subject to copyright.
- Knowsley Safari reserves the right to require any adult or child to leave messy play if their behaviour threatens the safety and enjoyment of others during the play session. Attending adults are responsible for the behaviour and safety or their child during messy play.
- If you feel you child may be ill or are at risk of possibly infecting other children, we require you to not attend messy play. Knowsley Safari reserve the right to request a child to be removed from messy play if it is felt it may impact on the health/safety of other children.
- Please inform a member of staff if your child has had a toilet issue at any sensory station so this can be fully cleaned and sterilised by a member of the team.